Founded in 1981 Duffy & Scott has become Ireland’s leading privately owned, owner run company, renowned for innovative ideas, aesthetic enhancements and the highest standards of quality. This tradition of excellence, along with a genuine commitment to customer satisfaction and service, has made Duffy & Scott Ireland’s best loved and respected candlemakers.
Based in Tullamore in the heart of Ireland, our original roots are firmly anchored in the production of high quality church candles. Our production has developed as a blend of the best of modern efficient equipment and traditional raw materials and methods.
In an increasingly technical world, our focus is our customer. We combine traditional values with modern customer-orientated service, representing a corporate culture based on ethics, respect and a sense of responsibility.
We were the first company in Ireland to sell coloured votive lights in a range of sizes, the first company to produce and sell wedding candles in Ireland, the first company to produce and sell Paschal Candles with embossed wax motifs in Ireland, and most recently the first company to produce a cone shaped devotional candle for burning in a glass without residue – now known as Lumina Devotional Candles. We are particularly proud of this as we were involved in the development of the first fully automatic production line for these candles in the world!
Duffy & Scott innovations and developments over many years have won us multiple awards – among them:
- Certification ISO 9002 for excellence in Quality System.
- Winner Nr 1 of an award for Best Arts Sponsorship – the trophy was presented by President Mary McAleese for our contribution to the Anniversary performance of the Messiah in Dublin.
- Winner of the Offaly Enterprise Award.
- Awarded a certificate for Innovation in the Midlands Business Awards.
- Sadly, one of the original founders Willy Motz passed away in 2001 but the company continued to adapt and develop.
- Colin O’Carroll became part of the company as joint owner and joint Managing Director. Colin also has a family history in candle-making and brought a wealth of experience into Duffy & Scott.
- Our Joint Managing Directors Colin O’Carroll & Martina Duffy were invited to Aras an Uachtaran to meet President Higgins as recognition for our contribution to cross border business development.
Our company is continuing to grow and develop. In May of this year we launched our new sister site www.duffyscottchurch.com where we will be selling all our church products online, to multiple countries around the world.
We look forward to meeting our new customers who will enjoy the experience of our value orientated innovative products and our well loved personal service.